Monday, August 25, 2008

The Kids in the Hall

I'm out to off to lunch soon, but time for a quick entry and a couple of videos!
 
I had another vivid dream last night, but this one wasn't violent! I was in a Meijer store, and I bought a DVD or something small like that. The clerk was Dave Foley, and Mark McKinney and Kevin McDonald were also there. (These are 3 of the guys in the great Canadian comedy ensemble The Kids in the Hall.) I said, "Thanks Dave!" and then it kind of turned into a bar setting, and there was a guy at the bar having a drink. He was just looking straight ahead, not talking to anyone. When he left, Mark McKinney said, "That was weird. Why was he just staring at nothing?" I said, "I KNOW! I'll never understand how someone can just sit there and do nothing!" At this point I walked over and stood by Dave Foley, who was flossing his teeth. I said, "Look at Dave here. He's doing something productive with his time--he's flossing!" Dave said, "What?" I said, "I'm sorry--you didn't hear the first part of that conversation." We all chatted a little more, and then I woke up.
 
If you've ever seen The Kids in the Hall, you'll know that that could probably be a skit from their show! They were really out there, and sometimes their skits made little sense. But they always cracked me up. Here are a couple of videos for you. The first is about falling asleep on the job, and the second is a fun little song called "Daves I Know." Let me know later if it was going through your head all afternoon!
 
More later!
 


 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always loved Kids In The Hall.  The wigs...wha ha hahaha!!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

... I liked the kids in the hall too ... it used to be sorta exotic being able to watch the telly shows from canada ... made me feel 'international' ... in fact, it fueled a childhood desire to attend McGill Univ. ... took french for that reason, but alas, twas not to be ...

... Montreal is a beautiful city ...

Anonymous said...

I love the Kids in the Hall -- but I've never dreamed about them, or dreamed an entire episode of the show!  What had you had to drink the night before??
Lori

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, at least I'm not the only one having odd dreams.  Makes me feel more sane.  Was real good chatting with you Saturday.  ;o)  Have a great week!  -  
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I love that show and all the people in it. I watch most of everthing Dave and the gang does. I know you might have already seen the movie called The Wrong Guy. If you have not check it out please. I wanted to mention a show that was on HBO in the 90's called Mr. Show it is one of my favorites. The shows skits were rejected by Loren Michels, and later Bernie Brilstein assisted to the shows existance. Beware it can be stupid and crude. If you watch it you will see some people who later became famous. Then and now it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks for sharing that crazy dream,

Wes

Anonymous said...

I'm squishing your head!

Anonymous said...

oooopps, I mean...I'm Crushing your head!

Anonymous said...

i have never even heard of them but i sure got a kick out of your dreams!
XO