Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm makin' you an offer you can't refuse

 
Extra Arm and The Toweler would like you all to consider getting your Mafia name and writing about it. If you do, be sure to leave a comment with details about your name, or leave a link with your entry.
 
We don't want to hurt nobody or nothin'...I'm just sayin'.
 
Some of you have cooperated:
 
 
 
For this, Joann and DB, you will be remembered, and the Family thanks you. If ever I can return the favor, please approach me. We will discuss...a little something for YOU, a little something for ME...I believe we can make an arrangement.
 
Hee heee!
 
Thanks Joann and DB for giving it a go! Your entries were a lot of fun and really made me laugh!
 
The Eggplant Parmigiana is out of the oven and "resting" until I'm ready to dish it up. It stays hot for a long time, but I'll be ready to eat in a moment.
 
I heard from Ken, and he's doing well. A long day, but sounds like he learned some valuable information. I'm sure he'll be writing a bit later tonight!
 
I'm not much of a phone talker, other than with my folks once a week, but there are some friends that do better with phone calls than with emails. Our pal RaQuel in New York is equally good with both, but if she has a lot to say, she suggests a phone call. We haven't been able to hook up for a while, and played some phone tag, but we were successful tonight and talked for 45 minutes. It was so much fun to talk to her! We got caught up on things, but she has more to tell me about, so our call will be continued. She lives in Greenwich Village, and it was interesting to hear her talk about how the development is getting out of control there. The Village is such a neat neighborhood, charming and filled with historical buildings, and what a shame that development is encroaching upon the area. I hope they can do something similar to the French Quarter in New Orleans and block any structure that does not fit in with the low profile and historic feel of the Village.
 
It was funny--a couple of times, I heard sirens in the background, but then she lives right by St. Vincent's Hospital. And as we were talking, I interrupted her to count the turkeys that were walking across the yard--I counted 17, a little over half of them young ones. I apologized for interrupting, and she said, "That's okay--it's not everyone I talk to that says 'Wait, I've got turkeys walking across the yard!' "
 
Ken called a little later, and as we were chatting, there were young raccoons running across the back yard. I counted four. Then I stepped outside for a while and watched the Batty Family flit around. They were diving and swooping around like crazy, so the pickings must be good!
 
An excellent wildlife day, and lots of fun talking with RaQuel and then with my Hubby.
 
Perhaps more later...I'm ready to dive into that Eggplant Parmigiana!
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of you!  I love wildlife!!!  I would love to be able to sit & watch turkeys & raccoons walking around in my yard.  Enjoy your dinner!!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you are right in the middle of the country.  I have to go away to my campsite to see much of nature, but we do have a neighborhood skunk that keeps letting us all know he is around.  He spent a week or so under my back steps but has left for now.  Thank the good Lord.  Enjoy that eggplant.  'On Ya'-ma

Anonymous said...

Thank you, GodMOTHER.... fuhGETaboutit, no biggie, ya know.... anything for da Family!!  So wut time's dinna?!  That parmegiana's smellin' good!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I was going to give you my Mafia name, Beth, but it was something "Nuts" and I didn't think it sounded like more or was appropriate. LOLOL  Like Eagle or Squirrel Nuts or something, LOL  And I feel VERY female.  LOL Take care, dear! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Meg has been to NYC twice...she is 19....i have never been...she says i would LOVE it but want to leave quickly.....way way too much going on....i would rather count turkeys than watch traffic. Someday i hope to get to Greenwich Village.
XO