Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympics...rockin' style

 
If I were an Olympic gymnast....
 
I know. Not even a remote possibility. I'd break my tibia.
 
But in my wildest imagination, if I WERE....
 
I would pick some kickass rock and roll for my floor exercise!
 
What's up with the classical music? Or the balalaikas and bouzoukis?
 
Everyone seems to really like the floor routines that are very energetic and lively--and lots of fun.
 
I think the gymnasts need to choose something in a rock and roll vein, and really kick things up a notch. If you want some percussion and a low-key routine, go with "Sympathy for the Devil," but if you really want to show your stuff--not to mention the intimidation factor--tear it up with "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses. YEAH!
 
If you don't want to go the R&R route, at least go with something fun--ZYDECO! That's some very energetic music, and no one can listen to it without tapping their feet and enjoying the rhythm.
 
I love the Olympics, but why can't they rock...just a little bit?
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe just some "Kid" Rock :o)

Anonymous said...

Of course, I am watching beach volleyball right now, and they definitely rock :o)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, beach volleyball DOES rock! I hope it trickles over to gymnastics, because there needs to be some serious music there. <grin>

Beth

Anonymous said...

Probably because the judges are old fuddy duddy's and anything rock would mean a point deduction at least!!  Seems like the judges are not watching the same routines, or maybe they're looking for something specific, that I am obviously not seeing!  Hasn't been too bad this year, but some years, its been blatant!  
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree, Beth, I agree!!   I was thinking the exact same thing as I was watching the gymnasts the other night.  In fact, I was wondering what song I would pick for floor exercise.  I know I would inspire and rock, too... Ah, to dream =)!!  Have a super week, honey!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/JoyInTheRain

Anonymous said...

I don't watch the Olympics but i will go along with you.....hell, we'd like to be entertained a little bit too! Screw the elevator music.
xo