Friday, July 4, 2008

Back from Pyro Town

We had a great time tonight, lots of good food and better company. A nice treat was seeing Cousin Doug and his wife Suzanne, and Doug's dad, my Uncle Burt. I don't get to see them as often as I'd like, and I had a lot of fun talking to Doug. He was always one of my favorite cousins! He's the one who gave me Little Red Doggy, and I mentioned that today--he remembered! Awww! When they were leaving, I said that next time I'd be sure to bring Little Red Doggy along.

I took some pictures, but I'll wait until tomorrow to get them edited and up here. I just don't have the gumption, as my Mom would say, tonight.

My sister had a table full of fireworks, and a couple of boxes! She starts setting them off as it started getting dark (it was still light at 10 PM, so we couldn't wait till full dark), as did her neighbors to the left, to the right, and directly behind. And these weren't just sparklers and firecrackers...the neighbors to the left, especially, had some spectacular ones, the ones that shoot way up in the air and explode. Di had some of those, too. Di was laughing, because Tom (her husband) wondered if they'd bother the neighbors! Tom told me later that the neighbor with the major fireworks told him that he had "a couple of small things" he was going to set off. I guess so! Ken and I were cracking up that their whole little section of cul de sac was this much into fireworks. Ken called it a pyro de sac, and I said, "They live in Pyro Town!" I think my sister has found her home.

Oh, and early this week, I gathered all of your well wishes to my parents for their 61st anniversary, printed them, and sent it to Mom and Dad. My Dad mentioned it first thing, and said, "That was something!" He thought it was so cool that people from all over the country and a couple from England said such nice things about him and Mom. I knew they'd get a kick out of it, so on behalf of my folks, thanks for all your comments! 

Hope you all had a great day! And guess what? It's only Friday!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a perfect day (company, food, and weather), and even better, since I have a four day weekend, there are still three days to go :o)

Anonymous said...

Are fireworks legal there? They arent in NY and you sure couldnt tell by my neighborhood !! We had a show right from our yard.
Have a great Saturday
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Today feels like Sunday, but hey, we sitll have another day off!  Of course, for some people, who are retired...the days all kinda mesh together.  My mom always asks "what day is this?" (that may have more to do with her age than her retirement! he he) Glad you had a good time...Fuly 4th just isn't the same without fireworks!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I had a quiet day yesterday. We arent doing anything big today either maybe going to see the fireworks...hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you enjoyed an awesome 4th, good for you. I saw lots of fireworks last night as i went to work.....the air was so thick with smoke i thought it was fog.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great get together with your family. So did your parents mention if they would adopt me or not? (winks). I'm delighted they were able to see how looney we are, yet we love them simply because they gave us you. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Awwww bless your parents :o)  Pyro Town sounds like fun ;)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

... and it sounds like you live everyday like its a Saturday ..!