Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Hurt"

Over the weekend, my stepson mentioned this song in an email to Ken.
 
What a great song by a great musician, and a great man. I got to see Johnny several years ago with my family, and I remember him saying that he loved his band, and when it came time for him to go, he hoped that it was with his band behind him, "layin' down the backbeat." Johnny worked and recorded almost until the very end, so you came very close, my friend.
 
Love ya, Johnny.
 
Hello sun, hello moon,
This is the day when Johnny met June
 
Oh, and just so you know...if anyone ever dares to disrespect the Man in Black in my presence, it's go-time, Skippy. Seriously.
 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my hubby loves jc and he was a legend no doubt not my cup of tea but I respect all his accomplishments , vegas sounds like a blast , I hope you have a great time hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

"Hurt" is a killer song...i love the Man in Black....he gets the damaged people.....as did his music. XO

Anonymous said...

I absolutely ADORE the man in black......no arguments from me....

Michele

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
oh I didn't realize that you were a Johnny Cash fan!
He has quite a history of over coming tough odds.
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Johnny Cash ! One of my favorite movies is "Walk the Line"

Awesome music.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I love this song, it makes me cry every time I listen to it.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I started singing the song when I saw the title ;)  No disrespect to the man in black I've seen the movie and I love the song............but I love the Nine Inch Nails version.  Trent Reznor performed it at Reading Festival last year and it makes me cry :(

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife