Sunday, July 6, 2008

Predict the Prez

I just have to share this with you guys. This is a BLAST!

There's a thing on AOL where you can "Predict the President." That link should get you there, then scroll down to the map of the U.S. where it says "predict the president." You can change the map, going from battleground states to all uncommitted, etc. You can change how the states vote and who the electoral college votes go to.

Ken and I have been playing around with it for about 15 minutes, looking at different scenarios. In most of our scenarios, Obama wins, but it looks like one of the major keys--if not THE key--is which way Ohio goes. So to all my J-Land friends in Ohio, get ready...the media blitz there will be astounding.

Give it a try and play around with it a bit. Let me know how your scenarios come out. How the states voted in the last 4 presidential elections is listed (hold the cursor over the state to see this data), so we tended to rely mainly on that. While Ohio has gone Republican in the last 2 elections, I have a gut feeling that they'll go Democrat this year. (Based on the economy, and what my pal Lisa says about how everyone she knows is really hurting economically.)

Ken and I found it interesting that McCain could win the majority of states, but since it comes down to population and number of electoral college votes in the larger states, Obama could still win it. Things can certainly change between now and November, but this is a fun little exercise in politics. Give it a whirl!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My was McCain.

Anonymous said...

... I am in a state of flux regarding the Presidency ... I couldn't tell you who I AM going to vote for, much less how someone else will vote ..!

Anonymous said...

i'll go check that out now. Thanks for telling us about it! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

OY, politics!  Not my forte...not saying who I am for,  either...just hoping the change will come.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun :o)  

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

... this is one of the more interesting things about this election, and it shapes Obama's campaign strategy ... I think this is a sheer toss up, and I only know I am casting for someone and hoping that they are up to the job ...