Wednesday, July 23, 2008

EnchantaCat

 
I went to the store this morning, and my first stop was at PetSmart to get some kitty litter.
 
Cousin Shane has three cats, and whenever we take care of them, I'm always impressed with his kitty litter! It clumps like you wouldn't believe, and the one we've been using just doesn't clump well. (I'm sure this is fascinating for those who don't have cats.) I forgot to look and see what kind he uses, so I asked him when he was over here last. He said he gets it at PetSmart, and he told me the name, but I haven't been able to remember it. All I could remember was that it was a combined word that ended in -cat.
 
I had some weird ones running through my mind, like ClumpaCat, ExotiCat, but the one that stuck in my mind the most was EnchantaCat. As you can see, the name of the stuff is ExquisiCat, but here at Nutwood, I think it's going to remain EnchantaCat!
 
While I was there, I had to stop and look at the cats and kittens, of course. Pet Refuge (no kill!) keeps some cats there, available for adoption. There were three mid-size kittens, all snoozing solidly; there was a brother and sister cat, Ricky and Lucy (!!), who were almost identical and meant to be adopted together; there was a former barn cat whose jaw was broken, but they wired it and she's okay now; a kitten that was found abandoned on a road; and two more mid-size kittens, one a Siamese, who were fighting and playing. I watched them all for quite a while, and they were all so cute! The fighting kittens were making me laugh.
 
C'mon people, get your cats fixed! At least Pet Refuge doesn't kill, but there are so many places that still do, and it makes me ill to think of any of those sweet cats today having to be put down.
 
When I was at the grocery store, they had small bamboo plants for 99¢. Ken's Mom has one that has some amazing growth, and I thought I would see if I can do something with it besides kill it. The problem is, I'm not sure how to grow it! They had it in just water, so is that what I need to do? I might have to see what I can find online. Right now it's in the kitchen sink with a little water.
 
Hope you're all having a fabulous day!
 
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi beth....

exquisicat is indeed the magical cat litter i use! i'm mighty proud of it, too! hehe   with 3 cats, i can't afford to use a subpar brand.  i highly recommend exquisicat.  ask for it by name.  that's ex-quis-i-cat!

shane

Anonymous said...

I like the name Enchantacat.  And, you know, if you truly CAN enchant a cat, you've got some awesome powers!
Lori

Anonymous said...

ClumpaCat. LOL. Oh, the visual on that! I use Tidy Cats Crystals Blend & it works very well, no smell either.  I CANNOT "look" at animals who need to be adopted. I feel this major pull....
I now have a 3rd kitten~ people somehow heard I "take in cats."  No No. But I am at work to find her a home, after I have her fixed.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

I heard it used to be called "smellacat" but it did not sell well, so they changed the name to its current version :o)

Anonymous said...

Any of those "lucky bamboo" plants that I have seen are growing only in water. No soil. Bamboo plants that are outside in the garden or yard are terrible pests and very invasive and will take over everything.

Anonymous said...

I like the EnchantaCat name better than the actual product name.  I hope your message gets through loud & clear about the spaying/neutering.  A stray just popped out SIX kittens Sunday.  They are at a neighbors in a crate and will all be spayed, including mommy cat.  It makes me ill as well to think of any animal being put down due to human ignorance.  I've enjoyed reading your entries...I'll be back.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am deathly allergic to cats so i am never around them. I love how you rename the cat litter. IF ONLY everyone got their animals spayed and nuetered!
XO

Anonymous said...

There really is a product called Enchantacat. It is catnip buds. My cat goes crazy over them!!!! If you do a google search for Enchantacat, you will find it. Make sure it is catnip blossoms. Your cat will love you for it!!!

Anonymous said...

I could never look at cats who need to be rehomed I swear I would take them all home with me ;)  

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I've tried that litter from petsmart and yes, it is really good!  We adopted our little Mona from Petsmart from a no kill shelter that was there one day.
Missie