Friday, July 18, 2008

We have a winner!

"I know this!!!
You are a philologist!!  Philology is the study of language (or the science of language), so as a philologist you are a lover of words, of language, or even simply a lover of talking or a studier of words (Is "studier" a word??) -- one who studies words, in other words.  Am I right?"


Huzzah to Lori, who is a fellow philologist! The strict definition of the word is someone who studies linguistics, but the literal meaning is one who simply loves words and loves to learn their meanings and origins.

As I explore my medical terminology book, I'm sure I'll have a few more challenges for you. Thanks to everyone who participated and made some very educated guesses, and I  hope you'll join in next time I have a quizzicle!


Tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up and I might beat you at Scrabble :o)

Anonymous said...

{{sniff, sniff}}  I'm just so proud to accept this award.
(Actually I'm just so glad that I had the right word!)
Lori

Anonymous said...

You're a Who ologist?

Goodness, i can not even spell the word! LOL

HUGS

Anonymous said...

Finally lol

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife