Sunday, July 6, 2008

Seriously...trust me.

LONDON (AFP) - French-Canadian chanteuse Celine Dion is responsible for the world's worst cover version--a rendition of rockers AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long"--Total Guitar magazine said in a poll.

Dion has never released the song as a single but performed what the magazine called the "offence" against music at a Las Vegas concert six years ago in a duet with Anastacia. "The number one worst cover song -- Celine Dion covering AC/DC -- is sacrilege," said the magazine's editor, Stephen Lawson. "The best covers are unlikely choices and they do something radical."

Why oh why do people not trust me on these things? I wrote about this well over a year ago!

This remains one of the most disgusting and appalling things I've ever seen. I'm with the editor of Total Guitar: it IS sacrilege.

"You Shook Me All Night Long" is a rock classic, and to have Celine freakin' Dion do a lame-ass version of it is an affront to each and every one of us who loves rock and roll. Blasphemer! Heretic! I spit on your lame pop version of the legendary band's legendary song! Ptooie! You make me want to hurl, with your skinny butt trying to pretend to be some kind of rock 'n roll chick, and you are NOT fooling anyone.

I suspect that many of you do not believe me. You doubt that it can be as bad as I portray it to be.

O ye of little faith...watch the video. Look upon it...do not turn away. Would I lie to you? It is an abomination. LOOK AT IT!

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i saw that on vh1 (i think) about a year ago and cringed, but couldn't not look.  it was that bad.  shudder.  grins, debra

Anonymous said...

PATHETIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Anonymous said...

OH what i would give to be that tall, that thin and have those tummy muscles.......

hugs

Anonymous said...

Sorry, some things do not belong in Rock 'N Roll Land; such as 8" stiletto heels, the phrase "girlfriend", and shoulder shawls.  I keep wishing for Meredith to knock Celione over with the guitar as she turned :o(

Anonymous said...

...and people pay for this???
Karen

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing...I don't need to hear it to understand how bad that renditon would of turned out. Doc told me to turn the sound on to the video, within a few seconds, he said turn it off...that's pathetically sad. Can't put it better than that. (Hugs) Indigo