Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A mind is a terrible thing to lose

 

Although he'll answer to "Sparky," some of you might know him better as Beth's Brain.

This morning, I switched my perpetual "I Love Lucy" calendar over to June 31st and went about my business. I chatted with the guy doing the window, Steve (Dan is on vacation this week, and if his plaid shorts this morning were any indication, I'd be willing to bet that he was going golfing today), who is also a very nice guy, brought in the recycling bins, got my flowers planted and watered, and as that's all the outside work I was doing today, I hopped in the shower.

As I was washing my hair, I thought, "June 31st?? There's no 31st of June! It's JULY!"

Apparently, at some point during the night, my skull popped open, my brain crawled out and went on the lam, and is probably having a great ol' time without me. If you see him, please don't shoot. I'd prefer that he be taken alive, and he's basically harmless, anyway.

So, I guess I need to say Happy July! I also need to say "Rabbit rabbit rabbit!" which helps to keep the evil spirits away.

I also need to put this up.

 

Happy birthday to the incomparable Indigo! And Indy, if you could hear me sing "Happy Birthday To You,"  I think you'd send up a thank you for your silent world. <grin>

All kidding aside, have a wonderful day, my friend, from both me and Ken. I wish you a day filled with happiness, love, and a high speed connection. Huzzah!

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!  I haven't seen your brain, but I'll keep my eyes open.  Shame on it for going AWOL!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Sorry, haven't seen you brain yet today. LOL
Happy Birthday to Indigo!
Missie

Anonymous said...

If you find your brain, please ask it if it has seen mine?--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I think both of our brains have taken a hiatus to thoughts unknown. Thanks bunches to both you and Ken for remembering me today. That was sweet and hilarious at the same time. A great combination in my book. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Yup! Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit :o)

Also, Hugs to Indigo - HHHHaaaaaapppppppppppyyyyyyyy BBBBBBBBBBiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrttttttttthhhhhhhhhddddddddaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy in my best Clown voice :o)

Anonymous said...

LOL your a great one Beth, where would we be without you entertaining us like this ;)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Rick and i watched I Love Lucy on Fri and it was the episode that is so famous where Lucy is trying to eat all the chocolates as they go down the line and also Ricky made all that rice and used Ajax on the chickens...we sat and howled with laughter.
XO