Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A laugh with a smile chaser

I can certainly say that my morning has started off well! Up a little earlier than I would have liked, but it's been a great morning as far as laughs go. Indigo's latest entry included a scene from my absolute favorite "I Love Lucy" episode, in which she meets William Holden. As I commented in her journal, no matter how many times I see that scene, I laugh!

Cousin Shane sent me an email and reminded me of a song from some time ago. I can't recall if he wrote it, I wrote it, or it was a collaborative effort (I think it was the latter), but it was called "White Trash Whore." I asked him if he still has the lyrics, because I don't, but just the title made me laugh!

Ken and I had a laugh together about "Before...and after!" The details aren't important.

Be sure to check out The Wildcat's Lair for Wildcat Wednesday. Frank just gets funnier--and feistier--with each week that goes by.

Finally, I was browsing on Boing Boing, and I came across a video that had me grinning ear-to-ear. You can read the story behind it at the Where the Hell is Matt? site, but basically, this guy traveled the world and his buddy took videos of him doing this goofy dance. Doesn't sound like much, until you see all the places he went, the spectacular scenery and sights, and the people he enlisted to do the goofy dance along with him. I hate to admit this (Ken will laugh at me), but it made me cry a little bit, too, but in a good way--if you know what I mean. What a beautiful world we live in, and what a beautiful, crazy, diverse mob of humanity occupy it! If it affects you the same way, let me know, so I won't feel like such a dork! Here you go....


Tags: , , , ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goofy, but guess what, tears in my eyes, and smiling big here!! I looked for Matt in every shot, and the only one that I couldnt see him in was when it was dark and he was backlit. The one that made me laugh was while Nevada airspace! What a wonderful message to pass on to others about the people living in our world. Surely a message of peace and hope. Goofy dance, but a joyful one as well. Thanks for sharing! What a great way to start the day. Now I need to go dry my eyes. bea

Anonymous said...

... I couldn't finish it with out tears welling in my eyes ... to see such love and passion for life being shared ... the best things of humanity sprinkled in children and strangers alike ... just too much ...

... this is a such a great video ..! And a gift as well ..!  Makes me feel selfish for going to where I have gone, and not bringing anything notable or giving more of myself while I was there ...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that!!  It isn't just you.  At first I thought it might be the music that was making me feel a little weepy, but then when other people started joining in I had tears falling.  That was beautiful!  I'm going to check out the web site.  I think I'll save that video to watch whenever I'm feeling a bit sad.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted I was able to help start your day out with a smile hon. I know I couldn't help but smile myself yesterday. Doc and I are still cracking up everytime I say Bifocals.

I loved the video and went as far as checking out his site and blog. It's so inspiring to see that common thread all over the world. I wouldn't say Matt's dance was goofy, rather what I would call the happy dance. You can't help but watch him dance and smile. I hope he takes another trip around the world again and continues bringing his joy and happiness with him no matter how briefly. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Cool Video, especially the middle with the North Korean soldier and Papua New Guinea :o)

Anonymous said...

Lovely video, it really made me happy

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

OMG! The video moved me in such a strong way! At first I smiled ear to ear, then I cried, and then I was so amazed that they all did such a beautiful job in making this amazing video. It made me want to live my life to the fullest! What a legacy this will be for his children and grandchildren too see Ü. I am saving this video so that anytime I feel down I can watch it.
The music was so beautiful & moving! It touched a place deep in my heart Ü. I think between the video of the goofy dance and all the people he moved into sharing in his happiness~shows a beautiful life that we all want.
Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

HUGS~Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great video... Dusty sent me over... loved it!!!  Made me smile!!  There is a lot of love and joy in our world... if only we open our eyes and look for it.  Thank you so much for sharing this.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I came back for a second viewing, and you know what? Same feeling, laughing, and great joy.Thanks for the fix! bea